Dr. Andrew Webber is a native of Saint John, New Brunswick. He graduated from the University of New Brunswick in 1998 with a Bachelor of Science Honours degree in Biology and Psychology and completed his Doctor of Optometry degree from the University of Waterloo School of Optometry in 2002, earning Dean’s List honours all four years. While in optometry school Dr. Webber completed an externship in ocular disease at Vision America in Birmingham, Alabama in 2001 and also received the Dr. W. Ross Andrews Prize for Clinical Proficiency, awarded to the top student clinician.
Dr. Webber joined Elmsdale Vision Centre in 2004 after practicing in Dartmouth for two years. He has lectured to optometrist colleagues in four provinces on the topics of treating and managing ocular surface and dry eye disease. In 2014 he co-authored and published national guidelines for screening, diagnosing, and managing dry eye disease in the Canadian Journal of Optometry. In 2017, along with a group of ten optometry and ophthalmology colleagues from across Canada, he co-authored and published guidelines for the management of dry eye disease around the time of ocular surgery.
Dr. Webber has been a clinical and business consultant for various leading international ophthalmic and pharmaceutical companies including Allergan, Alcon, Bausch and Lomb and Shire Pharmaceuticals and was one of only eleven optometrists selected to be on the Canadian Dry Eye Disease Consensus Panel. He has been interviewed and has made appearances on both Global Television and CTV as an expert on eye health.
Dr. Webber has served as the vice-president and treasurer of the Nova Scotia Association of Optometrists and has chaired various committees. Currently he sits on the Nova Scotia Glaucoma Working Group and is a member of the Comprehensive Eye Care Committee. He has worked with the Optometry Examining Board of Canada (OBEC) since 2008 and sits on the National question writing team.
Dr. Webber is married and lives in Fall River with his wife Tara, a teacher, and their two boys Oliver and Charlie. In his spare time he can be found hiking, camping or enjoying time at the baseball field, basketball court and hockey rink with his kids.
· University of New Brunswick, Bachelor of Science with Honours (Biology/Psychology), 1998
· University of Waterloo, Doctor of Optometry, 2002
· Canadian Association of Optometrists (CAO)
· Nova Scotia Association of Optometrists (NSAO)
· Nova Scotia College of Optometrists (NSCO)
Current Professional Activities:
· Consultant, Allergan Pharmaceutical Company
· Consultant, Shire Pharmaceuticals
· Consultant, Bausch and Lomb
· Member, Canadian Dry Eye Disease Consensus Panel
· Member, National Writing Team, Optometry Examining Board of Canada (OBEC)
· Member, NS Glaucoma Working Group
· Member, Comprehensive Eye Care Committee
Past Professional Activities:
· Vice-President, NSAO, 2004-2006
· Chair of Complaints Committee, NSAO, 2004-2006
· Secretary Treasurer, NSAO, 2003-2004
Mon 8:00am - 6:00pm
Tues 8:00am - 6:00pm
Wed 8:00am - 8:00pm
Thurs 8:00am - 8:00pm
Fri 8:00am - 5:00pm